In the year 2005 a stray idea came to the minds of few Bunt Youths about a plan to bring together the Bunt families staying in Mulund. The idea was exchanged with others and the response was overwhelming. Many meetings were convened, objectives were discussed and decided to form a charitable non-profit organization called Mulund Bunts and on 2nd October, 2006 Mulund Bunts was inaugurated in a very splendid way by Justice Santosh Kumar Hegde at Kalidas Natya Gruha - Mulund. Dr. B. M. Hegde former V.C. of MAHE, Shri. Suresh Shetty - Minister of State for Medical, Higher & Technical Education Government of Maharashtra, Shri. Sudhakar S. Hegde then President of Bunts Sangha – Bombay, Jaya K. Shetty then President of Bombay Bunts Association, were the dignitaries graced the occasion.
- To improve the brotherhood by bringing the community members under one platform.
- To promote, foster and to develop intellectual, social, physical, economic, cultural and educational welfare of the members.
- To organize social gatherings, celebrate bunt festivals and to conduct other cultural activities.
- To organize programs of value to youngsters such as students counseling, career guidance etc.
- To promote values and ethos of bunts joint family system.
- To bring awareness on values of relationship and religious customs.
- To arrange matrimonial alliances
- To help deserving candidates to secure employment.
- To explore business opportunities for deserving entrepreneurs.
- To bring in health awareness and personality developments.